- I am having a problem logging into my WebShop and Support account. How can I troubleshoot?
If you have a problem logging in to the SteelSeries Webshop and/or Customer Service, please take the following steps: 1) Re-cache your browser and delete temporary files (Note: this will delete any stored passwords and account information). Instructions on how to accomplish this in Windows is be ...
- The product I am looking to purchase is on Backorder; what does that mean?
When you add a product that is on "backorder" into your cart, the entire order will ship once the backorder product arrives and is in stock. Please be aware that we are unable to split the order into two parts, and will not ship any items until the backorder product arrives.
- The SteelSeries product I am looking to purchase is out of stock, what are my other options?
1) We recommend first checking our 'where-to-buy' page which shows our certified resellers by region: http://www.steelseries.com/where-to-buy 2) If the resellers do not have the product in stock, we recommend using a Google® Shopping Search for the particular item. Just type what you're look ...
- How do I apply for a sponsorship from SteelSeries if I'm a member of a team?
Please apply by filling out this form.
- How do I apply for a sponsorship from SteelSeries if I am organizing a LAN party?
Please apply by filling out this form.
- How long will it take to ship my order if I use PayNearMe?
Your order will ship within 72 business hours following the verification of your payment option no matter the payment choice (credit card verification, receipt of paypal/bank transfer, or PayNearMe authorization).
- How can I find a retail location near me?
During the order process on the PayNearMe website, there will be a list of nearby retail stores that corresponds to your account address. Alternatively, you can check nearest locations at any point, here: https://www.paynearme.com/find_a_location
- What happens if I fail to pay after I place my order?
There is a 'valid through' date that is printed on the slip (see here: PayNearMe Slip) If you fail to pay by this date, your order will be canceled and the slip you have received will be void. You will then have to create a new order on our website.
- What is PayNearMe?
PayNearMe is a payment option that allows you to pay for online orders at select retailers such as SteelSeries, in cash. This allows you to make these online orders without the use of a credit card or debit card. Here is a helpful visual of the process from the PayNearMe website: http://www.payn ...
- How do I use PayNearMe?
PayNearMe allows you to pay for your online order in cash. To do this, simply select PayNearMe as the payment option when placing an order on our website as shown: Payment Options You will then have to create or log in to your PayNearMe account. Go to PayNearMe.com to sign up or log in: Create ...
- How can I review one of your products if I represent a print, tv or radio media outlet?
Please fill out this form, and we will get right back to you. If the link provided does not work, you can still find an alternate link on the bottom of our page - simply click on "Offline reviews" under the "About" section.
- How do I make a request to review one of your products on my website or online publication?
Please fill out this form, and we will get right back to you. If the link provided does not work, you can find an alternate link at the bottom of our website - simply click on "Online reviews" under the "About" section.
- What happened to Ideazon?
SteelSeries and Ideazon joined together in 2008 with the intention of providing the best products to gamers. Both companies share a passion for gaming and an eye for quality; therefore, the merger was as natural as a rocket & rail combo. For more information please see our press release.
- Can I still receive support for my zboard through SteelSeries?
Absolutely. We support the Zboard and all former Ideazon products with the same quality standards as any of our products. For more information see this 2008 interview of our current CMO, Kim Rom, with Maximum PC Magazine.