View Articles by Category
There are no sub categories
Category » SteelSeries Apex Gaming Keyboard
There were 7 articles found in this category:
- What devices are supported by the SteelSeries Engine?
The tables shown below represents the following operating systems: Windows: XP, Vista, 7, 8 Mac: Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.8) Windows Name Device Type First Appearance Notes Shift Keyboard 1.0.442 - September 2010 ZBoard Keyboard 1.0.442 - September 2010 Not ...
- Why can't I set a new action for the SteelSeries key on the SteelSeries Apex or Apex Raw keyboard?
This key is used natively in the firmware of the device. Pressing this key alone sends no signal to the computer and thus it cannot be remapped. It is only used to augment another key-press.
- Is it possible to change the keyboard layout on the SteelSeries Apex or Apex Raw after selecting it initially?
Yes. Open SteelSeries Engine and select either "Apex keyboard" or “Apex Raw keyboard” from the Devices list. Click “Settings”. Keyboard Layout can be adjusted at this screen by selecting a different language from the drop-down menu.
- Do the diagonal keys on the SteelSeries Apex or Apex Raw work outside of SteelSeries Engine? What about the macro and layer keys?
The diagonal keys will work outside of the SteelSeries Engine, however, macro and layer keys will not. This is due to the fact that these keys are only recognized by the SteelSeries Engine and are not default commands in the operating system itself.
- I'm using the SteelSeries Apex or Apex Raw with macro layers and all of my Layer 1 macros are appearing on Layer 2, but none of my Layer 2 macros appear for Layer 1.
The second layer is simply an addition to the first layer. When the first layer is activated, no macros from the second layer can be used. Activating Layer 2 will enable the entire second layer, while maintaining the macros from layer 1 (except where layer 2 overrides layer 1).
- How many illumination levels and colors are available on the SteelSeries Apex?
There are 8 illumination levels and 16.8 colors, along with 5 separately customizable illumination zones on the SteelSeries Apex. In comparison, the SteelSeries Apex Raw also features 8 illumination modes, but only in white and without zones.
- What are the special features of the SteelSeries Apex Gaming Keyboard?
The SteelSeries Apex features a plethora of gaming-centric design implemtations including: -Customizable zone illumination with 5 zones that can be illuminated in any of 16.8 million colors, with 8 levels of intensity -Zone illumination per layer which allows you to quickly find your macro keys ...